Thursday, August 25, 2011

Traveling Woman Shawl

Unblocked
 I started this shawl as a KAL with a group on Ravelry. I was excited about it being my first shawl, until I started making mistakes and having to rip back 2 or 3 rows every time I knit 3 or 4. 
I decided not to finish the KAL on time because I was so frustrated. After some motivation from my knit group, I decided to hurry up and get it off my needles. I'm very glad I did too! There are mistakes but I still love this shawl! 


This was not only my 1st shawl, but my 1st time to block a project. I NEED blocking wires! I ended up having to block this twice because the first time you could tell that I pulled the entire shawl to one side. These pictures are actually taken after the 1st blocking. 

Details of this project:
Needle - US size 6 (4mm)
Yarn - KnitPicks Palette (Caribbean)
Amount of yarn - 1 full skein and not quite half of 2nd skein
Size made - I used the free version of the pattern. 3 repeats of Chart A. (55"x14")
Would I knit this again? YES! 

Things I learned with this pattern - 
1. Pay attention to the pattern. 
2. Don't watch tv or talk while trying to knit.
3. I NEED blocking wires.
4. I love lace (even if at times I was frustrated).
5. I need to take better pictures.

My second shawlette is on the needles!
Have a wonderful day!!
~ Cassey


No comments:

Post a Comment